Here at Blackwood Swim School we pride ourselves on creating a close nit community. We strive to teach your children to swim in a fun and relaxed environment. Our instructors give your child the care and time they need to develop life long skills in the water.
Why choose Blackwood Swim School for your child?
- Our pool environment allows the more nervous, scared or uncertain child the opportunity to relax and focus more on their individual experience in the water. Large pools can be noisy, distracting and over whelming for some children. While some children enjoy this sort of environment and thrive, others struggle and find it difficult. Blackwood Swim School gives those children who need just a little more attention and a quieter environment, the opportunity to learn in a way they feel comfortable.
- Our Swim School has qualified AUSTSWIM swimming instructors. AUSTSWIM is a nationally accredited qualification for swimming and water safety instructors, so you can be assured that your child is being taught by an instructor who has been trained to instruct in a safe, educational and fun manner.
- All our classes are structured to ensure children learn to become more confident and more experienced swimmers. While structure is a large part in our classes we also believe adding fun to the classes is important. All children love to experiment in the water and allowing them to do so makes them feel happy they are achieving goals set in the classes.
- The swim school runs lessons all year around with the water a warm 32-33 degrees most days. This is a perfect temperature for babies and older children learning to swim. Swimming all year around means regular and continuous learning. This is ideal for swimming as it’s not something that can be easily stopped and started again until children are of age where they have fully developed strokes and techniques.
- Small classes of no more than 6 children means more attention can be given to the children and a wider set of skills can be taught in the class. Our skill based classes from 4 years and above mean children get to perfect the skills in each class before learning something that is beyond their understanding.
Blackwood Swim School is here to help your child learn to swim in an environment that is family friendly, relaxed and fun! Contact the swim school today and get your first lesson for free!