Due to issues of safety and respect for the instructor and other participants, management asks ALL Pump participants adhere to the following procedure. Participants who do not follow procedure may be asked to leave the class.
- Collect a ticket for Pump from reception on arrival.
- If a class is taking place in Studio 2 prior to a Pump class Members MUST wait until the class is finished and the participants have left the room before setting up Pump equipment.
- Place a step directly over a painted spot on the floor.
- ‘Owning’ a spot cannot occur. If someone is on ‘your spot’, another spot must be used.
- Set up a Pump bar ready for warm up track.
- Collect a selection of plates ready to increase weights when required.
- When instructor circulates around the class personally hand them your ticket. (no ticket, no class)
- Let instructor know if you have any injuries, you are pregnant, new to Pump or have any other conditions which will affect your workout.
- If you arrive late to a class, during the warm up only set up a bar. Once the warm up is over, set up remaining equipment.
- LET THE INSTRUCTOR KNOW IF YOU NEED TO LEAVE EARLY.
- Enjoy your workout
- Packing up of ANY Pump equipment during ANY stage of the class is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- This includes steps, plates, bars and any other equipment.
- This is due to a number of incidents occurring due to poorly stacked equipment, tripping and dropping weights on each other. It’s also shows respect for the instructor and other members who are watching demonstrations and trying to listen to instruction.
- Occasionally, an instructor may instruct the class to return some equipment during the class.
- This is the only occasion when packing up mid-class will be accepted.
- If a member needs to leave the class early they must inform the instructor. The instructor may allow them to pack up early or agree to pack up for them. If possible, they should ask another member to kindly pack up for them.
- Once the class is finished, all equipment should be returned to its allocated place neatly and safely.
- Pushing, rushing and leaving equipment scattered around the room is not acceptable.
- Management thanks all the wonderful Pump participants of Blackwood Fitness for adhering to this procedure. We hope to avoid any further accidents or arguments occurring in our world class group fitness sessions.