Last Updated: Monday, 3 August 2015
Blackwood Fitness is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Blackwood Fitness may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What We Collect
We collect the following information:
- Name and Job Title;
- Contact information including Email Address;
- Demographic information such as Postcode, Preferences and Interests;
- Photograph of Member;
- Finger Print (Please see below for detailed answer) – You have the option of either using a membership card which has a barcode to gain entry into Blackwood Fitness or if you do not wish to carry a membership card or regularly misplace or forget to bring it then use your Finger Print.
- Other information relevant to Customer Surveys and/or Offers
Your Privacy: What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Security; Blackwood Fitness provides a secure environment to workout. As a result the following will occur:
Blackwood Fitness has 24 hour security cameras surveillance on its premises.
- You will be photographed and your photo will be used to identify that only you present the membership for entry into Blackwood Fitness
- When presenting your membership for entry into Blackwood Fitness your photo will be shown for a brief moment on the television to identify that you are the rightful owner of the membership card.
- If you are found not to be the rightful owner of the membership card then your membership will immediately be cancelled and you will be entitled to no refund.
- We will never sell your information
How Does a Fingerprint Optical Scanner Work?
A fingerprint scanner system has two basic jobs — it needs to get an image of your finger, and it needs to determine whether the pattern of ridges and valleys in this image matches the pattern of ridges and valleys in pre-scanned images.
Only specific characteristics, which are unique to every fingerprint, are filtered and saved as an encrypted biometric key or mathematical representation.
- No image of a fingerprint is ever saved, only a series of numbers (a binary code), which is used for verification. The algorithm cannot be reconverted to an image, so no one can duplicate your fingerprints.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
From time to time our Marketing Team or contracted Photographers will be in the Centre taking photos for use in both internal and external marketing. These photos best display our Centre to new members and it is important to us that we are using recent photos from inside the gym.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.