Preparing lunches for the week no longer needs to be a bore! Nourish bowls not only look and taste amazing, they are packed with superfoods and nutrients our bodies need to meet their full potential! Follow this simple recipe below and tag #bwfnourishbowls so we can see your creations!
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 teaspoon of ground tumeric
2x skinless chicken breasts
Pink himalayan salt
2 sprigs of fresh oregano
1 cup of black rice
1 sweet potato
1 teaspoon of garlic mince
1 tablespoon of butter
1 red capsicum
250g of spinach
Nutritional Yeast Flakes
1. Finely chop the oregano leaves, place in bowl with turmeric, pinch of pink himalayan salt, black pepper and 2 teaspoons of oil to make a marinade. Cut chicken into strips and toss into the marinade and leave aside.
2. Put black rice in a rice cooker, add 1 1/2 cups of water to the rice and leave aside to cook
3. Peel and cut up sweet potato, put in saucepan with water on high heat till the potato is soft.
4. Drain water from saucepan and mash with butter and garlic, season with salt and pepper.
5. On high heat cook turmeric chicken for 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
6. Cut up red capsicum
6. Once rice is cooked place in bowls with red capsicum, spinach, alfalfa sprouts, sweet potato mash, jalapeno peppers and chicken.
7. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast flakes to add cheesy taste.
8. Take pictures and tag #bwfnourishbowls and enjoy your delicious lunch!